News and announcements
UNIJA selected as Best Accounting Firm for third consecutive year
This was the fourth year that the Chamber of Accounting Services organised the selection of “Best Accounting Firm” with the purpose of expanding awareness in the business public of the importance of quality accounting services.
At the award ceremony that was held as part of the 13th Accounting Services Congress in Portorož, Aleksander Štefanac, Chairman of the Chamber, presented the plaque and statuette:
- in the SMALL category: MDS JOVANOVIĆ & JAVERNIK d.o.o.
- in the MEDIUM category: APO VIZIJA d.o.o.
- in the LARGE category: UNIJA d.d.
The award recipients were again this year distinguished by a long standing tradition and stable operation, a wide range of clients and the use of advance computer technologies, particularly in terms of communication and exchange of information with clients. All three winners are known for their exceptional concern for providing high levels of professional competence and for the continuing education of their employees.
Unija d.d.,recipient in the LARGE category, is distinguished by its comprehensive, high-quality services, modern organisation of operational processes and modern information services with paperless operation, backed up with the permission of the Archives of Slovenia. They employ top experts in the fields of accounting, taxation, human resources and internal audits, experts who can also look after the most demanding clients. The company also enhances the social elements of corporate social responsibility, and in 2011, they received a full Family-Friendly Company Certificate.
Unija also has branch offices in Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Montenegro. They can thus offer appropriate support to Slovenian companies that do business in those places.
The evaluation and selection of Best Accounting Firm 2011 in all three categories was carried out by an independent expert committee composed of:
- Doc. Dr. Tatjana Horvat, Lecturer at the Faculty of Management in Koper and content leader for education in the fields of Taxes, Accounting and Finance at the Academy of Finance
- Mag. Aleksander Igličar, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Economics, University of Ljubljana
- Mag. Romana Logar, Director of AJPES
- Alenka Maher, Staff Engineering, KI d.o.o., independent consultant in the area of human resources, BA in Psychology
- Dr. Branko Mayr, Dean of the School of Accounting, Certified Auditor
Selection of the Best Accounting Firm is one of the activities of the Chamber of Accounting Services through which Accounting Firms can themselves greatly contribute to promotion activities and thus also to the awareness of businesses regarding the importance of quality accounting services.